Syria: An eight-year-old boy whose abduction sparked outrage in Syria when a video of his abduction by his captors was posted online.
Fawaz al-Qataifan was handed over on Saturday. After his family paid a ransom for a gang that arrested him in Deraa province in November, state media said.
She seemed healthy when she described her plight in a TV talk show.
Local police said they arrested four suspects last week for tracing telephone numbers used to send threats.
The kidnappers then agreed twice and places with Fawaz’s family. To hand over the money, but failed to arrive on both occasions, according to Deraa Police Commander Brigadier Dirar al-Dandal.
On Saturday, they told the boy’s father to take the ransom – reportedly worth 500m Syrian pounds ($ 199,000; £ 147,100) – in the vicinity of Nawa. After receiving the money, they left Fawaz outside the pharmacy.
Brig Dandal told the Sanaa news agency that “the police did not intervene. With the intent to save the child’s life after the kidnappers threatened to kill him”.
expressed his delight
Sana said Fawaz ‘father, Mohammed, “expressed his delight. At the release of his child and his return to the warm embrace of his healthy family”.
In an interview with al-Watan TV, Fawaz described how he was beaten. And threatened by his captors after he was caught leaving school in the town of Ibtaa on November 2.
In another incident. He was hanged on a wall and beaten with a leather belt before being forced to carry a ransom. He recalls.
Fawaz’s case first came to light earlier this month after the spread of a video of him crying and beating his captors.
The hashtag #Save_the_child_Fawaz_Qataifan began to trend and the family received messages of support and promises of help from as far away as Turkey, Germany and the United States.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based watchdog, has noted that “hundreds” of more children have been abducted in Syria since the start of the Cold War, which has been devastating in 2011 and its consequences and whereabouts to this day.