Memories : Change your memories to iOS 15 photos by adjusting music and filters – here’s the way
One of my favorite parts of iOS 15 Photos is the Memories feature. This is an automated collection where your iPhone is smart enough to see photos taken at the same event or on the same day and combine them into a slideshow with transitions, melts and the appropriate music song. Sure, it’s nice to see those forgotten photos from my iPhone, but what I really like is that it requires very little intervention from me.
But what if I want to discuss with Memories that Photos are included I can do that. And thanks to some updates on iOS 15, I have a lot of tools I have to fix memories with my particular style.
Apple calls the iOS 15 add-ons “Memory Mix,” and allows you to change the background music that you play during memory time. . to help change their appearance.
The good thing about this feature? While it requires some intervention on your part, it is easy to manage. And the end result looks great, too.
Here’s how to edit Memories in iOS 15 photos using the new music tools and filters you have.
- Launch the Photos app and tap your customized tab. Memories are at the top of that page, and you can tap See All for the full list.
- Select the Memory you want to edit by tapping. Memory will start playing.
- To change the music playing, tap Memory as it plays (or press the pause button if you would like to edit outside the slideshow). Tap the music note icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- A thread will appear at the bottom of the screen showing the name of the playing song and the filter used. For more examples, you can tap the music icon.
Alternatively, you can swipe to the left of that line below to see multiple song samples combined with various filters. For now, let’s focus only on music.
- When you tap the music icon, you will see suggested music with top suggestions, music songs and Apple Music suggestions. Be careful with that third option you can listen to preview, but only Apple Music subscribers can make the selection permanent.
You can swipe to see different music samples. Tapping a song will play a sound sample.
- When you find the option you want, tap Done. Your slideshow will be restarted with new local music.
- To change the filter, tap the Memory View icon in the lower right corner.
- You will see a selection of unique looks. Tap your favorite.
- Tap Finish and your slideshow will continue with the new filter in place.
- When you have finished editing, simply tap Memory again and then tap X in the top left corner. You will return to your page.
Do you see too many memories? Or have the images made Memories that you do not really care about? Here’s how to take control of more than just the Memory shown on iOS 15 photos.
- Tap the Options icon in the Memory preview window. It is a circle with three dots in the middle.
- From the pop-up menu, you can request Images to add Memory to your memory or delete it completely. You can also edit the title.