London is better prepared for a terrorist attack than it was five years ago, the report said. Security expert Lord Toby Harris said great progress had been made by London paramedics and key agencies since 2016.
He checked out the learning points in the 2017 attack as well as Streatham and Fishmongers’ Hall.
But Lord Harris have warned that the threat of terrorist attacks remains a “real and current threat” in the capital.
“Not only the police and emergency services but also the local councils and many other structures. To improve our readiness to deal with terrorism.
“By working together, we can all help by making the same effort.
Last year, an investigating judge found police failure.
The Lord Harris report, published Friday, has made 294 new recommendations..
The findings came after London Mayor Sadiq Khan asked Lord Harris. A security adviser and chairman of the Met Police Authority. To consider what steps London should take to better prepare for a terrorist attack.
Lord Harris spent time with London paramedics.
Deputy commissioner Matt Twist said there was no room for complacency. With our key partners in the coming weeks and months to look at them and see how we can best use them.
“But in the meantime, the people of London should not doubt that we. Along with our emergency partners and other structures. Are always ready to respond in the event of a serious incident.”
In 2016 Lord Harris made 127 recommendations in a review published after the attacks across Europe.
Mr Khan feels that London needs to learn more about the 2017 terrorist series. In Westminster, Finsbury Park and London Bridge and 2019 at Streatham and Fishmonger’s Hall.
The current level of terrorist threat in the UK is “high”, meaning that there could be a terrorist attack.
The government needed to raise funds to fight terrorism.
“Nothing is as important to me as keeping the people of London safe,” he said.
To our city in order to adapt and strengthen our capacity to prepare for and respond to emerging terrorist threats.”